Vancouver is a city that loves to eat out. So it's no surprise that Dine Out Vancouver--the biggest restaurant "event" in the city--has become a beloved tradition since its premiere in 2002.
Dine Out Vancouver 2014 runs from January 17 - February 2, 2014.
What is Dine Out Vancouver?
Dine Out Vancouver is a promotional event for Vancouver area restaurants; it lets diners "taste drive" new cuisine, support local eateries and get their gourmet on--at a reasonable price.
Each of the 200+ participating restaurants offers three-course "set menus" of $18, $28 or $38 per person, to encourage diners to try something new or visit an old favourite for a less-than-usual cost.
What kind of restaurants participate in Dine Out?
Vancouver has an amazing array of restaurants, amply represented in Dine Out, from new hot spots to family-friendly places, with choices for every type of food imaginable.
Since Dine Out is city-wide, it's a great excuse to get out of your own neighbourhood and visit another. Take a culinary tour of Yaletown, Kitsilano, Commercial Drive, Fairview/South Granville, South Main or destinations farther south.
Find a participating restaurant, see the menu, and make a reservation.
Dine Out Vancouver's organizer, Tourism Vancouver, makes visiting Dine Out restaurants easy: At the Dine Out site, you can look up the menu for any participating restaurant and make reservations online. Reservations can be made in advance, starting January 5.
Dine Out Vancouver 2014 - Special Events
Now in its 12th year, Dine Out Vancouver has expanded into a full foodie festival, with a wide array of special events--including food tours and special suppers--happening throughout the city.
The top Dine Out 2014 events include:
- Secret Supper Soirée - Diners are whisked off to a secret location (via double decker bus) for an amazing "culinary roadtrip" featuring a multi-course dinner and wine tastings.
- Plated & Paired at the Public Market - Dinner inside the Granville Island Public Market with food from Granville Island paired with Wines of British Columbia.
- Night Circus: Atlantis - A live show that combines Cirque du Soleil-style acrobatics with burlesque, live music, and dinner.
- Off the Eaten Track: Main Street Resto & Cocktail Tour & East Van Craft Brew & Culinary Tour These culinary tours include transportation plus food and beverages at multiple restaurants.
- Street Food City III - A huge gathering of popular food trucks outside the Vancouver Art Gallery.
See the Dine Out Vancouver Events page for more events.
Reservations & Restaurant Reviews for Dine Out Vancouver