Christmas in Vancouver is a busy time for families with kids. Not only do you need to shop for the kids' holiday gifts, there's so much more to see and do, from visiting the best Vancouver holiday attractions for kids to taking the traditional pictures with Santa Claus.
Use this Guide to Christmas in Vancouver for Kids & Families to find the best Vancouver Christmas attractions for kids, where to shop for kids' gifts and toys, and where to find your Santa photo-op.
1. Best Vancouver Christmas & Holiday Attractions for Kids & Families
2. Vancouver Holiday Shopping for Kids: Kids' Gifts & Toys
Vancouver has some of the best shopping in the world, but while the Top 10 Places to Shop in Vancouver are perfect for adult-size gift-giving, they aren't always ideal for kids' gifts. Here's where to find the best gifts and toys for kids in Vancouver:
- Shopping for Kids in Vancouver - Find the top stores for unique toys, kids' clothes, party supplies, and more.
- Vancouver Discount Stores - Great for inexpensive clothes, toys, art supplies, and stocking stuffers.
- Top 5 Vancouver Shopping Malls - Where to go for brand-name toys, clothes, and electronics.
- Vancouver's Best Baby Stores - Top shops for new babies and new parents.
3. Where to Take Pictures with Santa Claus in Vancouver
One of my kid's favourite pictures of his father shows Dad, then just three years old, frowning at the camera from Santa's lap. Which just proves that even bad pictures with Santa are fun to treasure years later!
There are many opportunities to take pictures with Santa in Vancouver, from photo-ops at Vancouver Christmas and holiday attractions (including Bright Nights, Festival of Lights, and the Peak of Christmas; see above) to by-donation pictures at Vancouver malls and kids' shops, including Metropolis at Metrotown, Oakridge Mall, and the Granville Island Kids Market.